Print Ads are Alive & Kicking
By: Alyson Salem
Technology continues to inundate our personal lives and our businesses. There is an app for just about everything and the Internet is a valuable resource that can put the world at our fingertips. From a marketing point of view, the digital age has been a positive force for driving new business and establishing relationships among new and repeat clients. In this era of technology, sometimes it is easy to forget that print advertising is a tried and true marketing approach that is still effective, can increase traffic, and create new business among key demographics.
Why are print ads still relevant in 2018? Well, many companies have shifted their focus to solely digital marketing and ad campaigns. This digital influx has created a void in the print advertising world, meaning that your print ad could be more visible and possibly have less competition. Chuck Salem, President of Unique Venues, has five tips to help you create a successful print ad campaign:
1. Integrate your social media platforms and website URL by adding it to every print ad that you publish. By doing so, you are allowing your print ad to grow your social media following, and in turn reaching more prospective clients. Adding your social media information to your print advertising is seamless and keeps marketing cohesive among advertising channels.
2. Take it one step further and add a QR Code Reader to your print ads. With a QR Code Reader, you are allowing prospects to instantly connect to your ad offer, which increases traffic to your website and ultimately drives new business.
3. Place a print ad in a publication that also has a digital format. The advantage is that you are multiplying your exposure with the benefit of the digital version linking your URL directly to your website.
4. Format images, graphics, and verbiage so that the content is relevant to the targeted demographic. One of the greatest assets associated with placing print ads is its versatility.
5. Customer testimonials are a positive way to promote good business practices and customer relations. Feature these testimonials on your print ads. Testimonials are proof of the success that you have had with a client and highlights the value that your company places on customer relations.
Advertising is crucial to a thriving business. Don’t discount print advertising…even in the year 2018. Consider these five tips to create a new campaign, or even bring life to an old one. Who knows, we may even see your ad in the next Unique Venues Magazine!