St. James Hotel
  • Share

St. James Hotel

About

The St. James Hotel was constructed in 1875 near the Mississippi River and the gently sloping bluffs of Red Wing, Minnesota, the principal wheat trading center of the time. The hotel’s initial visitors were in awe of its cutting-edge amenities, which included steam heat, hot and cold running water, and a modern kitchen. Its highly regarded dining establishment became a frequent stop for both trains and riverboats. The St. James Hotel still proudly displays its 19th-century features. A stay at the St. James Hotel is a look into history with the comforts of today, with renowned restaurants and stores both inside the hotel and within walking distance in the town’s historic Downtown Main Street Area.

Venue Location + Transportation

Address

 
406 Main Street,
Red Wing, Minnesota 55066