Meeting Planner Joan Eisenstodt and venue-supplier Grace Markum share 10 things venues should NOT do when the market begins to shift from a sellers' to a buyer's market.
- Don’t offer deep discounts.
- Don’t cut the advertising and marketing budgets.
- Don’t make your marketing sound like a fire sale.
- Don’t cut the number of people on the sales team.
- Don’t fall off buyers’ radar screens.
- Don’t become invisible.
- Don’t overlook the SMERF market.
- Don’t stop learning.
- Don’t overlook your local and regional market.
- Don’t take a business-as-usual stance.
Add to this list! Let's hear your thoughts on what you are doing (or not going to do) during this shift in the meeting industry.