The University of Massachusetts Lowell offers the best venues in the Greater Boston area for events of all sizes. Situated in historic Lowell, Massachusetts, along the Merrimack River, UMass Lowell’s campus is accessible from Boston, Manchester and Maine. With on-campus state of the art facilities, technology and accommodations, UMass Lowell is the ideal destination for your next event.
Downtown Lowell, Massachusetts is home to the Lowell National Historical Park with marvelous canal boats and trolleys, the American Textile Museum, LeLacheur Ball Park (home of the Lowell Spinners) and many festivals. Just outside of Lowell guests can also experience Merrimack Outlet shopping, relax at Canobie Lake Park or golf at Atkinson Resort. Within a short drive of campus guests can enjoy the beautiful beaches of the eastern seacoast from Maine to Cape Cod, Fenway Park and Foxboro Stadium.
On campus, UMass Lowell offers meeting facilities for every type and size of event.
- UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center overlooks the Concord River and offers guests newly renovated year-round guest rooms and additional rooms that are available during the summer season. The Center’s 15,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space, fitness center and catering make the Inn & Conference center a perfect choice for events.
- Tsongas Center is ideal for concerts, corporate functions, holiday parties and trade shows. Home to the NCAA Division I River Hawks, the Tsongas Center provides venue space including the arena, lobby, Lowell Bank Pavilion and Corporate Suites. The Center also features a landscaped outdoor park alongside the Merrimack River, which provides the perfect backdrop for special events.
- Bellegarde Boathouse sits on the north bank of the Merrimack River and provides spectacular views. The 2,000 sq ft area is ideal for hosting family gatherings, weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate outings and group retreats.
- Allen House is a historic building that offers meeting space from the Spinola Art Gallery and Sitting Room to the magnificent Porch with majestic views of the Merrimack River.
- Alumni Hall Lounge is an elegant location for dinner functions, panel discussions and corporate retreats.
- Cumnock Hall Auditorium is a general-purpose facility for conferences and performances and can accommodate several hundred attendees.
- Cummock Hall Trustees Room offers space for meetings, workshops and teleconferences.
Presently UMass Lowell is experiencing a tremendous growth in renovation and new construction. With a planned completion in Fall 2013, the Aiken Street Residence and Riverview Suites will add an additional 1000 beds to summer conference lodging and will be conveniently located within one block of the new University Dining at Fox Hall, LeLacheur Ball Park, as well as the Campus Recreation Center, which provides a full-service gym. Other new developments include University Crossing, scheduled to open in 2014, which will provide a bookstore, food court and additional event space. Another new building which opened last October, is the state of the art Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center providing additional meeting space on the University’s North Campus.
Whether you are planning a board meeting for a dozen guests or a weeklong professional conference for 1,000 attendees, UMass Lowell provides spectacular and one-of-a-kind venue options in both historic and modern facilities, all in a classic New England setting. Let UMass Lowell provide the space that you require for your next meeting, conference or social event.