If you plan conferences or special events, ignoring the mobile app revolution is no longer an option. With thousands of applications available for a variety of devices, it’s easy to see why. So the lingering question is what is worth downloading and why? Here is a summary of 10 industry "must haves," which include mobile apps for planning, attending and utilizing content:
1. Super Planner includes a variety of planning tools and tips in one easily navigable app. Super Planner lets you calculate venue capacity, plan seating configurations, food and beverage counts, and plan appropriate staff. Includes A/V tools, projection seating, and design tips for both PowerPoint and Keynote programs.
2. With Mint you will never lose track of your expenses again! Mint consolidates all of your financial data into one place. This app helps to create a budget and keeps tabs on all facets of expenditures. The transaction history can then be stored so you can analyze on your mobile device or easily print reports.
3. Technology meets networking in a modern spin on exchanging business cards. Bump allows you to exchange contact information to each other by simply “bumping” your contact. Bump is currently free of charge to download and supports iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Android, and works cross-platform.
4. Turn your iPhone into a pointer for PowerPoint or Keynote presentations with Pointer Remote. Has ‘Next Slide’ and ‘Previous Slide’ controls, can show notes from presentations, and utilizes the iPhone's timer for presentation timing.
5. With EventMobi Fusion, planners can create a custom app for their conference or event, which can include sessions, speakers, exhibitors, venue maps and general information. Conference attendees then type in the app URL and the conference information will automatically download to any type of device, including Android, iPhone and iPad and will even work offline.
6. It is the mobile accessibility that Twitter offer that make it the event planner’s essential app. Twitter allows for simplified searches, easy input, and streaming data, which allows you tweet about your event and also instantly check guest feedback.
7. Evernote turns the iPhone and iPad into an extension of your brain, which will help to remember anything and everything when it comes to planning your next event. From notes to ideas to snapshots to voice recordings, put it into Evernote and the app will instantly synchronize from your iPhone to your Mac or Windows desktop.
8. CardMunch not only converts business cards into address book contacts, but also adds the contact directly to LinkedIn. This app allows you to instantly see the new contact's LinkedIn profile information and provides the option to Link with them in a single click.
9. Grupio provides instant access to conference and event details, including event schedules, sessions, speakers and exhibitors. Grupio also allows participants to get alerts and updates from event organizers, connect with other attendees before and after the event, and share their thoughts through social media.
10. Meeting Mngr PRO is an app to make meetings more interactive. Presently for use with Apple products only, this app allows for connection of Apple devices and then easily share documents, engage in meetings, participate in discussions, create surveys, and give feedback in real time.