Join Us for the Ninth Annual Unique Venues Marketing Conference in
St. Petersburg, Florida October 26 & 27, 2020!
You Are My Sunshine City
Here are 10 fun facts about our 2020 host city, St. Petersburg:
- St. Petersburg isn’t called the Sunshine City for no reason; this city has an average of 361 sunny days each year. It also holds the Guinness World Record for the most consecutive sunshine filled days at 768 days!
- St. Petersburg’s beaches are frequently rated in the top 10 in the country! More specifically, the Ft. DeSoto beach has more than just the ocean and sand. It includes campgrounds, boat launches, fishing piers, trails, and miles of white sandy beaches.
- Locals call St. Petersburg “the burg,” so the residents are technically called “burgers,” but you may get some dirty looks if you do that.
- People visit Tropicana Field to watch the Tampa Bay Rays baseball games or pet their mascot. The tank is among the stands and attendees can pet or feed the cownose rays for free after entry!
- The Salvador Dali Museum holds the largest collection of Dali pieces of art outside of Europe.
- The “Mystery Monkey” was on the run for three years. The rhesus macaque monkey escaped a colony of monkeys and roamed the town being fed by some locals. He was captured after a three hour stake out. The escapee was then was sent to a monkey sanctuary safe and sound.
- St. Petersburg is home to the first water reclamation system built in the U.S. and is still one of the largest in the world. It processes over 35 million gallons per day for customers to use for lawn irrigation, fire hydrants, and more!
- St. Pete Beach is not actually located in St. Petersburg, they are neighboring cities. St. Pete Beach is a barrier island attached to the peninsula where St. Petersburg is located.
- The Fountain of Youth is located downtown, which was first made in 1901 and issued mineral water. Today, it is a regular water fountain that is a tribute to St. Petersburg once being the “Health City.”
- The Sunshine Skyway Bridge is the western hemisphere's largest suspension bridge, over 4 miles long and 19 stories high.
- University of South Florida – St. Petersburg – University Student Center: The perfect location, full of top-notch amentities to enhance your learning.
- Registration is FREE for Most UV Members
- Customize Your Learning Experience: Choose which educational sessions to attend, while also earning up to 10 CEU's towards your CMP designation.
- Venue & City Tour in 2020: Tour 3 member venues, each stop includes a mini-educational session.
- Registration Includes: Keynote speakers and presenters, networking, BEST OF Awards Ceremony, a member appreciation party and so much more!
The UVAMC Schedule
Dates and Times
|Sunday, October 25, 2020|
|Cocktail Hour||Welcome Party|
|Monday, October 26, 2020|
|8:30am-9:00am||Unique Venues Welcome – University of South Florida – St. Petersburg – University Student Center|
|11:00am-12:00pm||Educational Session 1|
|12:15pm-12:45pm||Lunch Followed by BEST OF Awards Ceremony|
|1:45pm-2:45pm||Educational Session 2|
|3:00pm-4:00pm||Educational Session 3|
|Evening||Optional Networking Event|
|Tuesday, October 27, 2020|
|9:00am-9:30am||Meet to Depart for Venue Tours|
|9:30am-10:30am||Venue Tour Stop 1|
|11:00am-12:00pm||Venue Tour Stop 2|
|12:30pm-1:30pm||Roundtable Luncheon Included in Venue Tour Stop 2|
|2:00pm-3:00pm||Venue Tour Stop 3|
|3:30pm||Return to Headquarter Hotel|
|6:00pm-8:00pm||Member Appreciation Party|
|Wednesday, October 28, 2020|
2020 Host Venue
Every year, we book UVAMC at one of our member venues. It's an opportunity to showcase and celebrate our uniqueness as an industry. We're excited to announce that the University of South Florida – St. Petersburg, will be our host venue this year. University of South Florida – St. Petersburg is a short walk, Uber, Lyft, or taxi ride away from our 2020 headquarter hotel. Other public transportation options include a short bus ride on St. Petersburg's bus transportation system, PSTA.
We will have three General Education Sessions this year, with nine breakout sessions throughout the day for you to choose from.
UVAMC Venue Tours
Every year, Unique Venues holds a tour of venues in the city where our Annual Member Conference is being held. The tour provides our members with a behind-the-scenes look at how meetings/events are hosted at different venues. This is a great opportunity for you to share, network and learn from your colleagues while earning up to 7 continuing education credits towards your CMP.
Join us on Tuesday, October 26 beginning at 9:00am and concluding at 3:30pm. The tour is included in your registration for 2020.
- Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse into 3 venues' operations
- A mini-educational session is included in each stop
- Network with other non-traditional meeting/event professionals
- Gain new ideas that you can take home and implement
- Tour the city of St. Petersburg along the travel route
Member Appreciation Party
Tuesday, October 27
This night is for YOU! Socialize, mingle, have some fun! This is our way of saying THANK YOU for being a valued member of Unique Venues. You'll enjoy appetizers, cocktails, and the best part…it's on us!
2020 Headquarter Hotel
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront is ideally located in the heart of the waterfront district, surrounded by an array of dining, shopping, cultural attractions, and sports venues.
Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
We have negotiated a group room block at the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront hotel – a short walk or ride from our UVAMC host venue, University of South FFlorida – St. Petersburg – University Student Center.
Additionally, St. Petersburg has a plethora of transportation methods to help you get from point A to point B:
- St. Petersburg Downtown Looper: Downtown Looper has 20 stops throughout downtown St. Petersburg, arriving at each stop every 15 minutes and is completely free for riders. The bus runs on Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., Fridays from 7 a.m. until midnight, Saturdays from 8 a.m. until midnight, and Sundays from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- Coast: Coast Bikeshare has 40 bike hubs to pick up or drop off for people to use across the city. St. Petersburg has improved their biking precautions on the streets to get from point A to point B as safely as possible. Download the HOPR Transit app on IOS or Android to pay as you go for $15 an hour.
- Ridesharing: Uber and Lyft are available across St. Petersburg and beyond!
- PSTA (Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority): is a public transportation resource accessible at the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport and other places in Pinellas County. Download the Transit app or visit their website for more information about how to access their buses, vehicles, trolleys, and more.
- Taxi: United Taxi and Yellow Cab are available on-site at the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport, which starts at $2.50, costs $2.25 every mile after, and waiting time is $30 per hour.
Registration is free for all members except the CORE no-lodging package, it's only $395 for those members as well as additional registrants.
REGISTERED MEMBERS: If you are not able to attend the Unique Venues Annual Marketing Conference after you have registered, please let us know before September 25, 2020. Cancelling before the deadline allows us to open additional spots to other UV members. If you do not cancel your registration, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $50.00 to cover non-recoverable expenses.