- Column 1
- Column 2
- Column 3
- Column 4
- By Venue Type
Submitted by mandy on Wed, 09/24/2014 - 09:00Tweet
Are you faced with planning a child's birthday? Feeling the pressures of creating a Pinterest-worthy 1st birthday party for your attendees to leave feeling wowed? Let us breakdown a few trends for you so that you can run off an plan your child's next party.
- Kid Friendly Foods: Keep the food simple and the main guests in mind. Ditch the chicken salad sandwiches for peanut butter and jelly sandiwhces. For drinks, consider having a milk and cookie bar with cartons of milk and freshly baked cookies.
- Choose a venue that is kid friendly. A children’s museum, a zoo, or aquarium are all great locations for a special event like a birthday party. You could event take the party outdoors to a camp or retreat center. Have a smore station and play some field games. Use our free service to help you find the perfect venue.
- Activities: Have a magician or even hire a princess to come and read a story to the kids. A bounce house is always a good option and can easily be set up in an open garden area.
- Experience to Remember: Choose a location that has a garden and have a tea party. Complete the experience with individual cakes for each attendee, have an activity of decorating big floppy hats or making flower necklaces.
- Movie: Reach out to a local movie theater to have a private screening of a children’s movie. Have costumed character on hand to take pictures on the red carpet with the kids as they walk in to the theater. Don’t forget the popcorn and sugary candy snacks!
- Mini Picasso: Choose a museum and have a painting station set up for the kids to get creative. This is sure to be a special event for the littlest picasso's in your life to get their creative juices flowing.