- Column 1
- Column 2
- Column 3
- Column 4
- By Venue Type
Loyola University Chicago
1032 West Sheridan Road
Granada Center, Suite 340
Chicago, Illinois 60660
Granada Center, Suite 340
Chicago, Illinois 60660
Loyola University Chicago
- Event Spaces
- Area Attractions
Located in the world-class city of Chicago, Loyola University Chicago has two picturesque Chicago campuses, Lake Shore (Rogers Park) and Water Tower (downtown Chicago) in which to host your overnight conference, meeting, or special event. Loyola's two Chicago campuses are conveniently located amidst Chicago's most exciting cultural, theatrical, recreational, and tourist attractions. Offering unique and affordable event solutions, Loyola University Chicago is a premiere conference and event facility on a college campus and in the city of Chicago. With more green roofs than any other campus in the midwest, Loyola has 7 LEED certified buildings, green housing options, sustainable catering menu, and a green cafe for hosting sustainable events. Both campuses offer year-round meeting facilities, comfortable housing options, state-of-the-art technology, and gourmet catering to make your event shine. Loyola's Department of Conference Services strives to exceed our guest expectations by providing exceptional service and support. Allow our experienced conference managers and event team guide you through the planning process to ensure a seamlessly orchestrated event. Contact us today to create your Loyola experience.
Nearby Cities & Number of Miles:
Chicago; Loyola's Water Tower Campus is centrally located in downtown Chicago and the Lake Shore Campus is just 7 miles north of downtown in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
Nearest Airport/ Number of Minutes:
Chicago O'Hare / 30
Public Transportation Options:
Metro/Public Transportation Proximity:
Year-round meeting spaces, housing accommodations, and gourmet catering. Summer accommodations available June 1-August 1 at Loyola's Lake Shore Campus.
Apartment style suites, Green housing option, and Traditional residence halls
Private, Semi-Private, and Shared
Number of Meeting & Event Rooms:
Largest Classroom Style:
Largest Theatre Style:
Number of Overnight Guests:
State-of-the-art technology and advanced resources available. Built in LCD projectors and screens in all electronic classrooms. Ability to hire an on-site technician for an hourly rate.
Food & Beverage:
Loyola is proud to have an exclusive partnership with Aramark for all catering and dining services at the Lakeside campuses. Loyola takes great pride in providing innovative solutions that rival the competitive Chicago market. Full service catering, meal plans, and bar service are available through Aramark food services.
Must Use In-house Catering:
Complete Meeting Package:
Ropes Course / Team Building:
Special Rates and Packages:
Bringing a conference group of 12 or more to Chicago? Contact one of our Conference Services Managers to discuss our available group rates.
Conference Services requires a 50% non-refundable deposit, signed contract, and general liability insurance in order to secure your venue or housing accommodations.
Ideally suited for:
Corporate Social Events
Outdoor Event Space
Outdoor Event Space
|Meeting Room||Descriptions||Square Footage|
|Damen Multi-purpose Room||Located in Loyola's new student center, Damen is Silver-LEED certified and has an environmentally conscious design. Also commonly referred to as Sister Jean Hall, the venue can seat up to 400 guests, has the ability to partition the space into two separate meeting spaces, a built in sound system, and adjustable lighting. Complete with a wrap around lobby, this is a perfect pre and post function space.||5264|
|Donovan Reading Room||Located in the Cudahy Library, next to the Information Commons, this elegant venue features stained-glass windows, art deco finishes, unique murals, lighted bookcases, and sky-high ceilings. With views of Lake Michigan and an entrance to the campus quad, the Donovan Reading Room is one of Loyola's hidden gems.||3,230|
|Flanner Hall Auditorium||One of Loyola’s traditional auditoriums, Flanner Hall is mostly utilized for lectures and trainings. The venue features tiered seating and tablet desks with a built in projection screen. Adjacent to the auditorium is an open lobby that is great for receptions.||3,340|
|Palm Court||One of Loyola's newest venues on the Lake Shore Campus, this atrium venue boasts lake views and an abundance of natural light. Coupled with a wrap around outdoor terrace, this venue is one of Loyola's most sought after venues for wedding receptions and special events.||3,764|
|Galvin Auditorium||Galvin Auditorium is modern in design and layout. Located in the Sullivan Center for Student Services, the venue offers tiered seating, a built in sound system, large projection screen, and computer station. Adjacent to the auditorium, the Galvin lobby is a perfect pre/post function event space.||2,385|
|Regents Hall||Located at Loyola's Water Tower Campus, Regents Hall is a unique dual level venue with views of Lake Michigan and downtown Chicago. Complete with a built in sound system, two projection screens, podium, and computer station, this venue is ideal for lectures, conferences, or networking events.||2,550|
|Quinlan Life Sciences Auditorium||The Quinlan Life Science Building is a state-of-the-art facility that has a modern auditorium, electronic meeting rooms and classrooms.||3160|
|Institute of Environmental Sustainability||The new Institute of Environmental Sustainability facility opened in Fall 2013 and is Gold LEED certified. With a multitude of classrooms, research and teaching labs, a clean energy lab, an urban agricultural greenhouse, and a green café, this is a popular option for meeting planners interested in planning a sustainable event.|
|Beane Hall||Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Beane Hall is a historic venue with medieval decor. Great for meetings and networking events alike, Beane Hall is one of Loyola's hidden gems.||2,450|
|Kasbeer Hall||Kasbeer Hall is one of the largest ballroom spaces available on the Water Tower Campus and has floor to ceiling windows on two walls. Complete with a new digital wall of sixteen 40" screens, podium, and built in sound system, this is one of Loyola's most sought after venues.||3,460|
|McCormick Lounge||McCormick Lounge offers fantastic views of Lake Michigan and is one of Loyola's newer meeting spaces on the Lake Shore Campus. With movable tables/ chairs, this venue offers a variety of event set-ups and versatility.||2,845|
|Mundelein Auditorium||One of the largest venues on the Lake Shore Campus, Mundelein Center is on Chicago's national historic landmark registry. With it's art decor finishings and wall of stained glass windows, Mundelein is perfect for any special event or conference.||9,000|
|Simpson Multipurpose Room||Located at the Lake Shore Campus, the Simpon Multi-purpose room has vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. With an abundance of natural light, built in sound system, and versatile layout, this is a popular event location. Available during summer months only.||3,450|
|Regis Multipurpose Room||Regis Multi-purpose room is a large functional space that is great for day meetings or trainings. With the ability to partition the space into two separate meeting spaces, Regis works well for groups that require break out spaces.||2,000|
|Piper Hall||Nestled on the shores of Lake Michigan, Piper Hall Mansion is a one-of-a-kind venue with breathtaking views. Accented with Tiffany windows and fixtures, original wood flooring, and a restored interior make this venue a popular for special events and wedding receptions.||2,840|
|Crown Center Lobby||Ideal for social events, the Crown Center lobby is modern in style and boasts panoramic views of Lake Michigan. Adjacent is a 345 seat auditorium, two conference rooms, and an outdoor patio, which make this a popular venue for conferences and wedding receptions.||2,500|
Loyola Catering- AramarkLoyola is proud to partner with Aramark as it's exclusive caterer for all on-premise catering and dining hall food service. Offering a variety of menu options and cutting edge culinary trends, Aramark's award-winning team of chefs service all conferences, meetings, special events, and weddings taking place at the Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses. Select from drop-off menus, buffet style meals, plated service, or opt to go green with our new sustainable catering menu. Meal plans are also available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for summer conferences in any of our open dining halls. For more information visit LUC.edu/catering or 773.508.6035
>>> menu (PDF)
|Facility||# of Rooms||# of Beds||Room Type||Bath Type||A/C|
|Baumhart Hall||418||Suite/Apartment Style||Private||yes|
|Santa Clara Hall||192||Suite/Apartment Style||Private||yes|
|Mertz Hall||400||Residence Halls||Communal||yes|
|San Francisco Hall||400||Residence Halls||Private|
|de Noboli Hall||200||Residence Halls||Shared|
|Regis Hall||420||Residence Halls||Private||yes|
|Simpson Hall||410||Residence Halls||Shared||yes|
Damen Food CourtDamen Food Court, located in the new Arnold J. Damen, S. J. Student Center, features four new concepts including Bleecker St. Café, Zoca, Burger Studio and Topio’s and a variety of entrees made from locally-sourced produce.
Damen DiningDamen Dining offers traditional all-you-care-to-eat dining. A variety of home-style, ethnic and vegetarian entrées created by our team of award-winning chefs make this dining hall an integral part of your on-campus social dining experience.
de Nobili Diningde Nobili Dining, our newest dining hall, offers all-you-care-to-eat dining and a variety of entrees from our stations including Tomato, Wok, Pasta, Rambler Grill, Cucina, and Deli/Salad. de Nobili also features a Late-Night menu and a contemporary dining area featuring local-inspired art.
Engrained CafeLoyola's first green cafe, Engrained Cafe offers a variety of organic menu options including specialty salads, sandwiches, soups, and desserts. All items are made-to-order and created with fresh, local, ingredients.
Lu's Old Fashioned DeliLocated at Loyola's Water Tower Campus next to Baumhart Hall, Lu's Old Fashioned Deli is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lu's offers a variety of menu options including fresh salads and made to order sandwiches.
Simpson Hall DiningSeating Capacity: 300
Simpson Hall Dining has a variety of meal options to choose from including made to order sandwiches, salad bar, soups, pizza, pasta, grilled options, hot comfort foods, and dessert station. All dining halls are all-you-care-to-eat and available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
|Audio-visual Services||Loyola Conference Services offers a full range of audio-visual equipment and on-premise audio-visual specialists to make your next event a success. Choose from many popular audio-visual items including: Cassette Recorder/ CD Player Computer Projector and Workstation DVD Player/ VCR Easel (floor & table) Extension Cords Flip Chart Laptop Lighting Microphone (wireless, hand held, corded) Mixing System (small & large) Piano Podium Plasma Screen Portable Data Projector Projection Screen Sound System (small & large) Speakers (small & large) Staging Strip Outlets Teleconferencing VGA Cable White Board Looking for a particular item not listed? Ask one of our audio/visual specialists and we may be able to contract these services for your event.|
|Golf Cart Service||Available on Loyola's Lake Shore Campus, golf cart transportation is offered for clients hosting events or conferences on the campus. Allow Conference Services friendly staff to transport your guests safely around the campus. Each golf cart can seat up to 5 guests and comes equipped with a driver. Hourly rate is $25 per golf cart.|
|Cassette Recorder/CD Player|
|Computer Projector and Workstation|
|Easel (floor & table)|
|Microphone (wireless, hand held, corded)|
|Mixing System (small & large)|
|Portable Data Projector|
|Sound System (small & large)|
|Speakers (small & large)|
|City of Chicago||An exciting, international city with a friendly Midwestern attitude, Chicago is widely recognized for its approach to culture and the arts as well as its fierce passion for sports. From the stunning shoreline of Lake Michigan, to the downtowns Magnificent Mile, Chicago is a festival for the senses, offering great music, food, shopping, theatre and much more. Loyola University Chicago offers an environment un-matched for its diversity of thought and experience. Founded in 1870, Loyola is one of the largest Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and is consistently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as among the top national universities. Loyolas location provides easy access to all Chicago has to offer. Discover destination restaurants, chic bars, colorful markets, independently-owned shops, off-the-beaten-track museums, galleries and much more! Whatever your plans are, Chicago can help enhance your conference, meeting and special event experience.|
|Wrigley Field||Wrigley Field is a baseball venue located in Chicago, Illinois, United States that has served as the home ballpark of the Chicago Cubs since 1916.|
|The Museum of Science and Industry||The largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere! Featuring hands-on science experiences.|
|The Shedd Aquarium||The Shedd is the largest indoor aquarium in the world.|
|Millennium Park||Millennium Park is a huge public park located in the Loop. Located right on Lake Michigan, here you can see a free concert in the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, The Bean, Crown Fountain, the Lurie Garden, or go ice skating on the outdoor ice rink.|
|Water Tower Place||The Water Tower Place is a premiere shopping destination in Chicago. Located on the historic Michigan Avenue, Water Tower features eight levels of over 100 stores, as well as multiple restaurant and cafeteria style eateries. Water Tower Place was also one of the first vertical malls in the world.|
|Skydeck Chicago||The tower is a world-renowned building, a Chicago icon. The eighth-tallest building in the world, it remains the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, standing 1,450 feet and 110 stories tall. The Ledge brings an exhilarating new experience to the tower. Opened in 1974, the Skydeck attracts more than 1.5 million visitors annually who enjoy views of up to 50 miles and four states. Now, The Ledge dares visitors to attempt a new Chicago experience: stand on The Ledge and feel the city from 103 floors over Wacker Drive and the Chicago River.|
|Navy Pier||Navy Pier is a 3,300-foot long pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is located in the Streeterville neighborhood of the Near North Side community area. The pier features shopping, restaurants, events, and entertainment.|
|Lincoln Park Zoo||Lincoln Park Zoo is a free 35-acre zoo located in Lincoln Park in Chicago, Illinois. The zoo was founded in 1868, making it one of the oldest zoos in the U.S. The zoo is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.|
|Art Institute of Chicago||The Art Institute of Chicago is an encyclopedic art museum located in Chicago's Grant Park. It features a collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in its permanent collection.|
|Adler Planetarium||The Adler Planetarium was founded in 1930 by Chicago business leader, Max Adler. Located on Northerly Island in Chicago, Illinois the Adler is America's first planetarium and part of Chicago's Museum Campus, which includes the John G. Shedd Aquarium and The Field Museum. The Adler's mission is to inspire exploration and understanding of the Universe.|
|Chicago Lakefront Trail||The Chicago Lakefront Trail is a foreshoreway for walking and cycling, running 18-mile along the coast of Lake Michigan in Chicago, Illinois .|
|U.S. Cellular Field||U.S. Cellular Field is a baseball park in Chicago, Illinois. It is the home of the Chicago White Sox of Major League Baseball's American League.|
|Broadway in Chicago||Broadway In Chicago was created in July 2000 and, over the past 14 years, has grown to be one of the largest commercial touring homes in the country. A Nederlander Company, Broadway In Chicago lights up the Chicago Theater District entertaining well over 1.7 million people annually in five theatres. Broadway In Chicago presents a full range of entertainment, including musicals and plays, on the stages of five of the finest theatres in Chicago’s Loop including the Bank of America Theatre, Oriental Theatre, Cadillac Palace Theatre, the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University and just off the Magnificent Mile, the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place.|
- Thank you very much for allowing NALSWD to host our annual Conference at Loyola this year. The conference was a success and everything went smoothly. Additionally, the Loyola staff members were very nice and accommodating to the members of our group. Chicago is a great city and is an emerging leader in the US in regards to accommodating those with physical disabilities. I look forward to remaining in touch and seeing more Loyola students join NALSWD in the future.
David A. Beverly, National Law School Students with Disabilities
- Hi Heather- I hope you got some rest after a long weekend. If we didn't thank you enough, we just wanted to say how grateful we are for making our wedding night unforgettable. I can't even begin to put into words how absolutely beautiful the room was. I can't even believe I was worried because it was simply breathtaking! You and Katie should honestly go into business together because it was just that amazing. You were so wonderful to work with and I hope we were as well even after the millions of emails I sent you. I am just so sad it's over and that we won't see each other anymore. The day just went by too quickly but it was amazing. We are both on cloud nine still:) Please let me know if we can do anything to help advertise Kasbeer Hall for weddings because it was such an amazing space and everyone should be so lucky to have their reception there. Talk soon and thank you again for all your hard work and making it a night we will certainly never forget!
Erin and Kevin Bourque (Married at Loyola on 10/6/12)
- Thank you so much for everything. The night was perfect, we had such a wonderful time. It was so great working with you. I didn't feel stressed at all knowing you were taking care of the day. Loyola and Aramark are great to work with, the food was fantastic, and the service was incredible. Thanks again.
Gina Nirenberg (Married at Loyola on 8/11/12)
- Hi Bill and Dana, I wanted to let you know that our wedding day was great and you and your staff did a really fantastic job. I was, um, a bit preoccupied on June 9th. My sister Heidi and my dad assured me it all went really well and everyone was able to eat well and have fun. That was our goal—for everyone to just have a good time in a beautiful setting. Your staff did a really stellar job, from the A/V guys who helped set up the laptop, to the servers, to the bartender, who is a great, sweet guy. I barely got to eat, but I heard the food was wonderful. Honestly, everything was perfect. We feel like we really lucked out with our choice of venue—that is thanks to you and your people.
Mike Grossenbacher (Married at Loyola on 6/9/12)
- I just wanted to let you know how impressed I’ve been with the Loyola Chicago Conference Assistant staff during our stay. They have been exceptional – friendly, helpful, personable, and eager to make all of our experience a positive one. Tonight at the reception I had a chance to speak with one of the Conference Assistant Supervisors – Wilson J. He stood out to me given the fact that he learned my name upon arrival and has been calling me by name the entire week whenever he sees me. I enjoyed hearing more of his life story (I inquired)—and how Fr. Garanzini and Loyola Chicago have given him a life-changing and transformational experience. Other Conference Assistants that helped with my computer and ironing needs were Molly and Stephanie (came to find out Stephanie is from Overland Park where I live!). The actions and attitudes of our staff, students, and faculty are an expression of our mission. I’ve been reminded of it first-hand this week. Kudos and thanks to all of you at Loyola Chicago.
Matthew D. Quick, Ph D Dean of Students/Vice President of Student Development & Athletics Rockhurst University
- Since its inception, the seminar has been held at different member institutions. After the seminar was held in Chicago, it was chosen for future seminars based on being centrally located and the positive feedback from the attendees. The foremost reason for staying at Chicago is the extraordinary hospitality extended by the conference managers, Dana Adams and Judy Sunvold. Their attention to detail is the hallmark of the Loyola conference experience. They incorporate highly trained students to carry their standards and the Loyola spirit to serving us. Dana and Judy are accommodating of our requests and often anticipate needs we have not seen as the plan is developed. They are also able to keep our expenses within our budget while not skimping on the quality of service.
Susan Jacobson, Conference Coordinator, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Thank you, thank you, thank you Brittany! They were overwhelmed with how well you and your team took care of them. I heard about the problem they had getting Lud’s laptop connected on Thursday morning and how you and your tech team were immediately available to take care of things. I’ve also heard rave reviews about the food too. We’ll be recommending your facilities to other leadership groups at MBI and will look forward to returning again.
Karen Waddles, Moody Bible Publishing
- We got married on the outdoor patio of Piper Hall at Loyola University, our day was perfect and the view of the lake is incredible! We had our reception next door at Mundelein Auditorium, which is a huge room with stained glass windows and a balcony (great for photos!) -- the whole day went without a hitch, and everyone raved about the venue -- it's a hidden gem!
Sarah Ostrow, Married at Loyola 9/1/13